LIVE PRACTICAL AND DYNAMIC LIVE ONLINE LEARNING
INCLUDES pre and post evaluation to determine language proficiency for practice and refinement
A SIX HOUR WORKSHOP:
Two three hours sessions with a fifteen minutes break per session.
February 26 & March 5, 2021
(9:00 a.m. – 12:15p.m. AST, GMT-4)
Scheduled times correspond to Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), Atlantic Standard Time (AST), GMT-4
Individual Coaching Available
Designed and instructed by: Dr. Evelyn Lugo
Doctorate in Education, International Speaker, President of Delta Kappa Gamma Puerto Rico. Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide.
Llámenos o al 787-724-2548
DESCRIPTION AND BENEFITS
This seminar has been prepared focusing on those professionals who need to strengthen their English writing skills to use and prepare documents as part of their tasks. A pre and post evaluation will be administered to determine language proficiency for practice and refinement. Participants will review business communication theory, grammar, document formats and layout. They will acquire and practice techniques to help them produce effective business messages.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Participants will learn to:
- Quickly organize your thoughts and generate content
- Eliminate numerous time-consuming revisions
- Use Formats and formulas for various writing requirements
- Use the appropriate tone, persuasion and positive and negative words
- Generate concise content
Participants are encouraged to share samples of their own writing to use as cases for hands on self- improvement activities.
- Barriers to effective communication
- Listening actively for better communication
- Bias-free language
- Tone, persuasion and positive writing
Communication Skills and Grammar
- “C” qualities of written communication
- Grammar and mechanics
- Confusing verbs and words
The Writing Process
- Writing strategies:
- PWR – Prewriting, Writing, and Revising
- KISS – Keep it Short and Simple
- AIDA – Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action
- Message Formats and layouts – Emails Letters, Memos, Reports
- Direct – Informative and positive messages
- Indirect – Negative or persuasive messages
We recommend having pen and notebook at hand to take notes.
- Guide Booklet
- Participation Certificate including contact hours
Llámenos o al 787-724-2548
Limited to 25 participants
Early Bird Registration US $358.80 + Tax (paid 14 days before the workshop)
Regular Price US $390.00 + Tax
- GRUPOS de tres (3) participantes o más en un mismo taller reciben un descuento especial. (Sólo aplica al precio del taller).
- Estudiantes reciben un descuento especial. Deben enviar ID estudiantil vigente con Foto.